Wire instead of powder
3DMP® uses wire as the starting material.
Compared to powder, wire offers the following advantages:
- Nearly 100 % material utilisation
- Uncomplicated storage
- Low material costs
- Easy handling
- Optimum processability
- Extensive selection of materials
In conventional welding, an electric arc is used to join metals. We make full use of our extensive expertise and the advantages of this mature technology in order to offer the layered printing of several metal layers in a fully automatic, digitally controlled and easy to use manner.
Conventional manufacturing versus 3DMP®
3DMP® can replace all the types of conventional manufacturing and machining methods for metal parts, such as forming, cutting, joining, coating, milling, turning, etc.
Compared to the conventional manufacturing of near-net-shape parts for mechanical finishing, 3DMP® is definitely the most economically efficient additive manufacturing method with production cost savings in the range of up to 60% versus conventional manufacturing.
The reduction in the process, material, investment and production costs results from the fact that 3DMP® only has 3 steps instead of a large number of conventional process steps.
- Outstanding design freedom
- New market opportunities
- Innovations and new products
- Higher deposition rates
- Greater diversity of materials
- Improved mechanical properties
- Large parts up to 3 m³
- Economically efficient as of a batch size of 1
- The most economically efficient additive method for the production of metallic parts
- Reduction of manufacturing costs by up to 60%
- Reduced number of manufacturing steps
- Lower process costs
- Lower material costs
- Lower investment costs
Maximum material utilization